In the fourth periodical issue of Electra Street, “Art:Research:Art,” we investigate the relationship the ways in which arts practice constitutes a form of research. Linsey Bostwick, Director of Artistic Planning at The Arts Center at NYUAD, served as the issue’s guest editor.
- Mariët Westerman, “Foreword”
- Linsey Bostwick, “Introduction”
- Bill Bragin, Bryan Waterman, and Linsey Bostwick, “The Performing Arts in (and of) the University”
- Robert Rowe, with Hatim Benhsain, Iván Budnik Pereira, and Alia El Kattan, “Sonification”
- May Al-Dabbagh, “Making Space”
- Davíð Brynjar Franzson, “Dead-End(s)”
- Kristy Edmunds, “Twenty-One Pieces”
- Sam Livingston, “Research Takes the Stage”
- Sarah Bay-Cheng, “Critical Arts as Research”
- Goffredo Puccetti, “Design E.R.”
- Clare Lesser, “Performing Ritual in the Works of Karlheinz Stockhausen”
- HaRaKa, “Staging Research”
- Deborah Lindsay Williams, “Afterword”
- Joanna Settle, “Making as Research”
Hard copies (gratis) are available by request from the Office of the Dean of Arts & Humanities, NYU Abu Dhabi, Building A6, First Floor. Email your request to email@example.com.
Electra Street accepts unsolicited manuscripts. Our preferred length for articles and short fiction is 3,000 words. Articles should treat scholarly subjects of current interest, but be written with general readers in mind. Electra Street uses US-style punctuation and spelling. Citations should follow the latest edition of The Chicago Manual of Style.
Send queries or submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.